Rules and Regulations
Important information which highlights several key components that each exhibitor must adhere to as a good neighbor. AAPG follows the IAEE Display Rules & Regulations. Display rules, height information, Insurance information as well as important Labor Rules and Material Handling information can be found on this tab.
All ASCAP, BMI, SESAC or other copyright fees applicable to music or entertainment used as part of an exhibit are the sole responsibility of the exhibitor. The exhibitor must make required payment(s) directly to the applicable copyright agency.
Display Restrictions & Height Information
Please refer to the IAEE Display Rules & Regulations for specific rules, regulations, and restrictions.
- All activities must be confined to your assigned space.
- Unfinished portions of pop-up displays must be covered. Pop-up framework, raw wood or cardboard wings must be painted or appropriately covered if visible from another booth.
- Show Management reserves the right to restrict or remove exhibits and/or exhibitors, which in its sole judgment, because of noise, inappropriately attired personnel, or any other reason, are or become objectionable or, which in its sole judgment, may detract from the character of the Convention. Neither ATC or Show Management, if other than ATC, or any employee, agent, officer, director, or representative thereof, shall have any liability, whether to any exhibitor or otherwise, as a result of such restriction or removal.
- Photographing other exhibitors’ displays is strictly prohibited.
- Sound equipment may be used in your booth so long as the noise level does not disrupt the activities of neighboring exhibitors. Speakers and other sound devices should be positioned so as to direct sound into the booth rather than into the aisle. Sound and noise should not exceed 85 decibels. You should be aware that music played in your booth, whether live or recorded, may be subject to laws governing the use of copyrighted compositions. ASCAP, BMI and SESAC are three authorized licensing organizations that collect copyright fees on behalf of composers and publishers of music.
- No decorative or structural items may be attached to or hung from any overhead beam, column, handrail, utility pipe, exterior wall, or fence without prior written approval from SJCC.
- The use of staples, tacks, hangers, nails, screws, bolts, etc. on any floor, wall, door, column, ceiling, table, chair, airwall, riser or any other facilities’ furniture, fixture or equipment is strictly prohibited. Exhibitor is responsible for the labor and materials required for repair resulting from any violation.
- The use of any stickers, decals or adhesives on any floor, wall, windows, door, column, ceiling, table, chair, airwall, riser or any other facilities’ furniture or equipment is strictly prohibited.
- The use of double-sided tape on any floor, wall, door, column, ceiling, table, chair, airwall, riser or any other facilities’ furniture, fixture, or equipment is also strictly prohibited. Eastern Audio Ltd. as the assigned official General Contractor/Decorator is only authorized entity for such purposes.
- The use of or display of confetti, glitter, or rice is prohibited at St. John’s Convention Centre. Any violation of this policy will result in additional clean up charges assessed to the exhibitor.
- You agree to be responsible for any damage caused by your display or personnel to the St. John’s Convention Centre. Please refer to the insurance requirements.
- All move-in and move-out of exhibits must be done only through designated loading docks, freight doors, and freight elevators. The main lobbies, escalators and passenger elevators are not to be used for this purpose. Exhibitors should verify show security arrangements and times for move-in and move-out to avoid problems with unattended equipment and materials.
- Personally-Owned vehicles (POV’s) may NOT be driven into the exhibit halls at any time. Vehicle parking inside exhibit halls is strictly prohibited. Vehicles that are part of a display must be approved by Show Management in advance to ensure all rules and regulations are met.
- No animals or pets are permitted in the facility except as an approved exhibit, activity or performance requiring the use of animals. The Facility Manager and governmental regulating agencies require approval. Guide dogs are permitted at all times.
- Helium balloons are not allowed in any part of the facilities, either for display, for sale, or as gifts. For decoration purposes, air-filled balloons may be used. St. John’s Convention Centre or Show Management reserves the right to remove any helium-filled balloons at the Exhibitors expense.
The height maximum for booths at ATC is:
- 20 feet for island
- 8 feet for inline
- 12 feet for perimeter inline
- 8 feet for peninsula.
Any variance from these guidelines must be included with your On-site Contact and EAC Work Authorization and is subject to approval.
Please submit the form no later than 2 September.
Fire and Safety Regulations
All exhibits and displays are subject to inspection by the Fire Marshal for St. John's
- Materials used in the construction of displays must be fire resistant, such as draping, table coverings, banners, props, scenery, evergreen trees, bark, angel hair and shrubs.
- Vehicles with gasoline engines that are to be displayed should conform to the following:
- Battery cables must be disconnected
- Fuel level in gas tank is less than ¼ tank, and is not to exceed five gallons
- Must have protective covering under motors, drive trains and tires on any carpeted area
- Use of storage of liquid petroleum (LP) gas by exhibitors is restricted
- Operation of any heater, barbecue, heat producing or open flame devices, candles, lanterns, torches, welding equipment, smoke emitting devices or materials in the HBCC should have written authorization by the HBCC management and the Fire Marshal. Permits may be required.
- All empty crates and boxes should be stored in areas approved and assigned by the HBCC management and the Fire Marshal.
THE EXHIBIT AREA REQUIRES:
- Open emergency exits. Booths and/or equipment are not permitted to block exits.
- A 10’ clearance around all emergency exits.
- Crate storage in a designed area. Crates are not permitted in exhibit area.
Insurance & Indemnification
- All exhibitors should be covered with their own insurance to cover all contingencies, including but not limited to fire, theft, property damage (especially in transit), business interruption, liabilities and worker’s compensation.
- Each exhibitor assumes the entire responsibility and liability for losses, damages and claims arising out of exhibitor’s activities on the Convention Center premises and will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Show Management and the St. John’s Convention Center, their agents, and employees from any and all such losses, damages, and claims.
- Neither ATC Show Management nor the St. John’s Convention Centre maintain insurance covering the exhibitor’s property or lost revenue and it is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to obtain such insurance.
- Each exhibitor agrees to and shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless ATC Show Management, St. John’s Convention Centre, and their respective members, officers, directors, agents and employees from all costs, liabilities, claims, damages or expenses, including without limitation claims for personal and bodily injury or property damage, arising out of or associated with exhibitor’s use or occupancy of or exhibition in any part of the SJCC, including without limitation any work done by or any act, neglect or omission of exhibitor or its employees, agents, contractors, and invitees in connection with such use, occupancy, or exhibition.
Labor/Exhibitor Work Rules
All decorating, display and material handling labor related to conventions, trade shows, promotional displays and consumer shows is performed by Eastern Audio Limited, the assigned Official Service Contractor for ATC 2016.
Material Handling to and From Show Site
All materials received, other than those in exhibitor-owned vehicles as described below, will be handled by the General Contractor, Eastern Audio Limited.
Please refer to shipping and handling instruction for Eastern Audio Limited.
- Security will be tight and present throughout the convention.
- Entrance into the exhibition area is with proper badge or wristband. This is an open-booth exhibition and the responsibility for safeguarding the space and property in it is your own. Neither Show Management, the convention center, the security contractor, the official service contractor (Eastern Audio Limited), nor any of their officers, agents, or employees assumes any responsibility for your space or any property in the booth.
- Exhibitor personnel are not allowed in the exhibition hall at any time without a badge/wristband issued by Show Management.
- No items or equipment — not even boxes of brochures — may be brought in or removed from the Exhibition Hall while the show is in progress.
- Additional security can be ordered for your booth throughout the event through the exclusive Security provider, Summit Services.
Contact Kendra McColloch to arrange a quote for any security needs at your booth.
For your booth
Eastern Audio Limited is the General Contractor for ATC. Please find the necessary order forms to finalize your booth. The early orders deadline is OCT. 20th
Furniture and housekeeping services for your booth
Order staging for your booth from tables to carpets, chairs and barstools and booth partitions. Also order booth cleanup.
In House Catering
Delta Hotel will be the contact for booth catering orders. Please review the menu and contact Kim Miller for additional details.
Conference Services Manager
Electronics for your booth
Available electronics include LCD monitors, laptops, DVD players and Laser Printers.
Internet is available through the St. John Convention Center. Please complete the order form and return to:
Operations & Events Coordinator
St. John’s Convention Centre
Or fax to: 709-576-8467
Electrical service for your booth includes 120v, 208v and 3 Phase 208v. Electricians available for install of 3 Phase power.
Labor and Shipping Services
Get help assembling and dismantling booths and order last mile trucking of materials to the convention venue.
Payment for Services
Please use this form for payment processing
Plants and Flowers
Order plants and flowers to make your booth complete
Collect lead data from registrants through the Pulse Network and ATC. Early-bird and Pre-show pricing applies.
Shipping/Materials & Handling
Eastern Audio Limited is the General Contractor and Materials Handling company for ATC. Advanced Materials Shipments will open on October 10. The Deadline for Advanced shipments is October 20.
* Material handling form must be completed prior to shipping of freight
- Any exhibitor requesting Materials Handling service must ship their materials to following address:
Eastern Audio Ltd
5 Waterford Bridge Rd.
St. John’s NL, Canada
Hours = 0900 – 1700 (Mon - Fri)
- All pieces in your shipment must include the following information:
Number of pieces (i.e; 1 of 4, 2 of 4…)
- All Materials received by Eastern Audio will be stored in our warehouse prior to show load in date. On
show load in date, materials will be delivered to the venue and brought to your booth.
- Important Dates:
- Advanced Shipments will be accepted 4 weeks prior to show date.
- Deadline to receive shipments is 48 hours before show date. (See Materials Handling form)
- Deadline to receive Advanced Rates is 1 week before show date
- If you require return Materials Handling service, all materials must be packed up and labeled with all
shipping documents including any customs forms, and ready for pickup in your booth at the end of
the show. Eastern Audio will pick up your materials and return to our warehouse to hold for your
shipping company to pick up the next business day. Please note that in all cases, YOUR COMPANY is
the SENDER & RECEIVER ~ c/o Eastern Audio Ltd. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to call their
shipping company to arrange pick up the next business day from 0900 to 1700. You must use our
warehouse address for the incoming freight as well as the pick-up location of the returning
Exhibitor Company Name
c/o Eastern Audio Limited
5 Waterford Bridge Road
St. John’s, NL
- PLEASE NOTE: Any shipments left at our warehouse after 5 business days will be FORCE SHIPPED
COLLECT using our choice of transport.
Move-In & Move-Out Information
- Saturday, 22 October
- 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Only exhibitors with 400 sq. ft. or more)
- Sunday, 23 October
- 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (All exhibitors)
Exhibit Hall Open Hours
- Monday, 24 October
- 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, 25 October
- 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wedensday, 26 October
- 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 26 October
- 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 27 October
- 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.